Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light: A yummy and filling one dish meal.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled tomatoes, wedges
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 slices diagonally cut French bread, about 1-inch thick
- Preheat oven to 435.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrot, fennel, onion, and garlic; saute five minutes. Spoon carrot mixture into a 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Stir in beans and next five ingredients (through pepper).
- Trim crusts from bread. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Lightly coat cubes with cooking spray. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer over carrot mixture pressing cubes gently into mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 425 for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with sage leaves.