Recipe by deanna c
We call them whipped cream potatoes even though the cream is never whipped. These are like the best scalloped potatoes ever but so much easier. They're like for lazy people! We have these every Easter because they are wonderful with ham or lamb.
- 1 package simply fresh potatoes (shredded) or 2 lbs par boiled and shredded potatoes (as if for latkes)
- 1 pint heavy cream (2 of the little ones!)
- onion salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- The day before, put potatoes in a glass casserole or baking dish.
- Pour in heavy cream and season with onion salt and black pepper (*Dontuse onion powder and salt it's just not the same!) to taste.
- cover and refridgerate overnight.
- The day of, start in a cold oven (don't want to shatter your glass) bake at 350 to 375 degrees for about an hour or until top is browned.