Recipe by Amis
I love lamb as well as currants so this is a nice twist. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lamb steak (Chump)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 14 fluid ounces red wine
- 4 tablespoons red currant and port jelly (Waitrose makes this but sub regular currant jelly if you can't find it.)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan and brown the lamb on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and rosemary, season and place in a preheated oven 220 C, 425 F, gas mark 7 for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and turn the heat off.
- Wrap the lamb loosely in foil and return it to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Drain off any excess fat from the pan.
- Stir in the red wine and redcurrant jelly. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until syrupy and reduced by half.
- Add the lemon juice and season if required. To serve, spoon the glaze over the lamb and serve with a selection of steamed baby summer vegetables such as courgettes, carrots, sweetcorn and peppers.