Recipe by Olha
This pudding comes from the Gower Peninsula, South Wales. Bread crumbs mixed with milk and beef suet. Layered with blackberries, apples and sugar.
- 2 1⁄2 cups stale breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 ounces finely chopped beef suet (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 3 medium sized apples, peeled cored and sliced (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the bread crumbs in the milk
- add the suet and mix well.
- Place a layer of the bread crumb mixture on the bottom of a well buttered 5 cup pie dish or shallow baking dish.
- cover with a layer of blackberries, apples and sugar.
- Continue to fill the dish with alternate layers of the bread crumb mixture and of the fruit and sugar, finishing with a thick layer of the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for approximately one hour, or until the pudding is golden brown.
- Welsh Fare S. Minwel Tibbott.