Apple Suet Pudding
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup white sugar or 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped suet
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 cups seedless raisins, plumped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Gradually add sugar to beaten eggs.
- Add suet, raisins, apples, vanilla and flour (sifted with salt and soda).
- Note: This should read 1 cup white sugar or 1 cup brown sugar.
- Steam 3 hours.
- To Steam: Place pudding in well oiled 1 1/2 quart mold, fill 2/3 full. Cover with lid of mold or 2 thicknesses of waxed paper securly tied. Cook in a covered steamer, over boiling water or on a rack in a covered kettle of boiling water. The water should be half the depth of the mold. Add more boiling water as needed.
- This was served with either a lemon sauce or a vinegar sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Our picture was taken at Bryce Canyon NP when we celebrated our 47th anniversary. (It has now been 54 years!!) <br> <br>Of course, I love to cook and bake. Desserts seem to be my specialty, however my husband & I like Mexican, Southwest, Greek, and Italian cuisine alot. Healthy food(soy milk, tofu etc.), alot of raw vegetables and made from scratch comprise much of our diet. I have always had problems cooking fish, tho we do like to eat fish. We are both retired. <br> <br>I love Labrador Retreivers and have owned, trained and shown several very nice ones! <br> <br>My husband and I are both natives of Colorado, however somehow we ended up living in St. George Utah, in the South west corner, near Zion, Bryce, & Grand Canyon National Parks, which we enjoy alot. Before the price of gasoline took a jump, I volunteered at Zion NP. <br> <br>We celebrated our 53th wedding anniversary in the summer of 2008.