Recipe by Merlot
This is good!!! I tasted it at a party and was so surprised to learn that the base of the cookie was a saltine cracker. I haven't made this myself, but plan to do so in the near future. Just thought I would submit it because it is so different.
Top Review by * Pamela *
I once had a recipe similar to this and I had misplaced it. I am so glad to have it again! I used slivered almonds instead of the walnuts. I had made these for a bridal shower and in keeping with the Bride's colors, I also added crushed red smarties along with the almonds. (I think that adding multi-colored crushed smarties on top would make a pretty snack as well.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your baking pan with cooking spray OR line with aluminum foil.
- Line cookie sheet with the crackers, breaking the end pieces to fit the pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the sugar; bring to a boil stirring constantly until the the sugar is melted and turns a light caramel color.
- Spread sugar mixture on crackers and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven& sprinkle chocolate chips over all.
- Spread with a knife when chips melt enough to do so.
- Sprinkle with crushed walnuts.