Recipe by KT~Lynn
This is a weight watchers recipe I am excited to try. It only has 2 points a serving
Top Review by Mommeee
I loved this. SO fresh and perfect in summer. My friend grows zucchini and tomatoes and I grow basil, so the fresh-picked veggies and basil were devine. I added a clove of garlic to the food processor to give it a kick (and nutrition boost) and left out the pine nuts. I also substituted kalamata olives. You need the olives because this is low in salt otherwise, so if you omit olives you will need to increase salt or substitute something else salty (like capers...they'd be good in the tomato relish.) Overall this is an excellent recipe--delish, fresh and very easy to make; the fact that it's raw veggies is the best part. You can beat that for nutritional value!!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 ounces summer squash
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 8 medium basil leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 medium salt-cured black olives
- 1⁄4 ounce pine nuts, about 2 1/2 tsp, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends of zucchini and squash. With cheese planer, cut both vegetables lengthwise into thin, long strips. With a knife, cut strips lengthwise into thinner, fettuccine-like strips. In bowl, toss zucchini and squash with lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Set aside 5 minutes.
- In food processor, combine tomatoes, 6 basil leaves, oil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Process until coarsely chopped.
- Drain any liquid in zucchini mixture and divide among two serving plates; top each with half the tomato dressing, olives and pine nuts. Garnish with remaining fresh basil leaves and serve.