Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
1 cup=2 point. I love cheese soup and following WW I was sure I was out of luck. Then, my leader gave me this recipe and I had to share it. It was great. It is not thick but it had all the flavor I was expecting. I did add the onion, garlic, and pepper I felt that it need them to help bring out the flavor I was looking for. I did not measure the spices but I think my amount would be about these measurements. I will freeze this to see how well it does and then let you all know.
- 7 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen mixed vegetables
- 10 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook vegetables in broth until just heated through and have a bright color.
- Remove vegetables to a blender add 1 cup broth. Puree until you get the texture you like. I prefer confetti size pieces of vegetables. Can leave whole if desired.
- Put pureed vegetables add diced cheese into pot.
- Heat until cheese melts.
- Eat Up.
Yummo. I love this stuff. Does it ruin the WW points if I add home-made bread ;-)
Easy to make soup with very few calories, great WW recipe! I made half a recipe for my DH and I and we had plenty of leftovers. True, it is a fairly thin soup and the cheese flavor doesn't come through very strongly... I'm wondering if less broth would help with that. I pureed my veggies until there wasn't any chunks left.
This was just alright for me. I didn't taste the cheese as much as I was wanting to. I left my veggies whole and added extra velveeta.