Recipe by Maxxr
I made this for years and then lost it. Have searched everywhere including online with no luck. Went to Miami and found the recipe in an old cookbook in the library there, eureka! Am posting this so I know where to find it, being the scatterbrain I am. It's delicious diet food.
Top Review by Patrick M. Mitchell
Well, this couldn't have been any easier and it was wonderfully satisfying - very flavorful. I made the recipe exactly as written (well, I did substitute high fiber pasta). When you do that, the whole recipe is only 9 points! (One thing I always hate about WW recipes is when things like pasta are expressed as "cooked cups". 2 oz. dry = 1 cup cooked).
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon shallots or 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup canned Italian tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 6 black olives, quartered
- 2 canned anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 dash oregano leaves
- 2 cups hot cooked linguine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine, oil, shallot and garlic in small microwavable bowl and microwave on high (100%) for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients except linguine and parsley; microwave on medium-high (70%) for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- To serve, arrange linguine in serving bowl; top with tomato-olive mixture and toss to combine, using two forks.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- 229 calories, 6g fat, 3g fibre.
- Adding a teaspoons of grated Parmesan cheese to each serving increses the calories to 25.