Tuna Pasta Puttanesca
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne pasta, I used whole wheat
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) cans italian tuna in vegetable oil or (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped, I use Kalamata
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- fresh ground pepper
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the penne pasta until al dente.
- In the meantime, over medium heat in a large skillet heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tuna and break it up with a spoon.
- Add olives and capers.and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook down for another minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes with their juice.
- Add the chopped parsley, lemon zest and black pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a few ladles of the pasta cooking water to the pasta sauce.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet.
- Toss to coat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!