Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is from the October issue of Weight Watchers Magazine. This is 6 points.
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices sturdy whole wheat bread
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, thin sliced
- 4 ounces low fat skinless turkey breast or 4 ounces fat free cooked turkey breast or 4 ounces chicken, sliced
- Beat the egg, egg white, and milk in a pie plate or wide, shallow bowl.
- Spread the mustard on 4 slices of bread. Layer with cheese and ham, top with remaining slices of bread, press together tightly.
- Spray a large nonstick pan with spray; heat.
- One at a time, dip the sandwich in the egg mixture to coat; then place them on hot skillet.
- Cook, pressing down with spatula, till lightly brown on both sides, 4 minutes aprox, each side.
- Serve at once.
I haven't tried this but had to calculate since no one else did. This is 8 points per sandwich on the new Points Plus program.
This was pretty tasty even thought it was a bit different from any other Monte Cristo that I've had. I don't remember ever having mustard on Monte's Cristo's and I really didn't care for it. Other than that, I will be making this again. The whole family (kids included) liked it!