Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love egg salad and was thrilled when a friend passed this recipe along from a recent WW meeting. 3 delicious little points per serving.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites, you'll have to boil these as whole eggs and discard the yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise (I used FF, less fat = less points!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and pour in enough water to cover them; set pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil 10 minutes; drain and place eggs in an ice-water bath.
- When eggs are cool enough to handle, remove shells.
- Discard yolks from two of the eggs. Cut remaining whole eggs and whites into 1/2-inch pieces (or use an egg slicer).
- Transfer eggs to a medium bowl. Add chives, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt and pepper; mix until blended.
- Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
I really like this recipe BUT don't usee that much salt! I put maybe less than half that. A little more pepper. And two dashes of dill. Also a little more mustard. It's easy, and a go to for my lunches when I'm working. I've been doing well on the WW plan.
I love egg salad sandwiches. I was very disappointed in the flavor of this. I added everything as directed. All you can taste is the salt. Very disgusting. I will stick to my own recipe.
Wow, for being a foodie this WW version was delish! Thanks for sharing. This recipe will definitely be a staple when looking for something super easy and tasty.