Weight Watchers Chicken Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Perfectly simple! From a recent WW meeting; 4 points per serving.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup dill pickles or 1/3 cup sweet gherkin, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Place chicken in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover it; set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes; drain. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add celery, pickles, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix until blended. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- For a Waldorf-like chicken salad, stir in 1/3 cup of diced apples and 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts (for a total points value of 5 per serving).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Super yummy, low-carb and low-fat, and quick/easy! A couple changes that I made: I substituted greek yogurt instead of the sour cream, I sprinkled in some garlic powder, I added some splenda, and also added in about 1/2 a cup of diced red onion. I calculated the calories with my ingredients and it came to only 165 calories per serving (4 total which were 3/4 cup each). Definitely gonna make again, but next time with less parsley! It was a little overpowering (but then again, I'm not really a parsley lover).Reply
see 19 more