Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this off of the Weight Watchers website and had to share. These airy cookies taste just like chocolate malt balls and at only 1 pt per 2 cookies and perfect way to satisfy your chocolate craving without blowing your points allowance. These do take awhile to bake so make sure you are planning on being home for the afternoon before you start. :)
- Beat egg whites till frothy.
- Add vinegar and beat till soft peaks form.
- Increase the mixer to high and gradually add in the sugar until glossy peaks form.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add cocoa and mix by hand.
- Line two cookie sheets with foil and (lightly) spray with Pam.
- Drop mixture by tablespoon fulls about 1 in apart on pans.
- Should make 44 cookies.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for 3 hours.
- Let cool completely on cookie sheet for about 1 hours.
- Remove and store leftovers in an air proof container.
Making the meringue took longer than I expected. I never did get stiff peaks. When they came out of the oven, they were very pretty. They really were crispy on the outside and light on the inside. They were fantastic with a steaming cup of coffee.
Following another reviewers advice, I upped the oven temp and cooked for one hour then just left them in the oven for another hour! These are perfect for the bed time chocolate cravings I always seem to have! :) Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2010!
I just made these for the second time-the first attempt was a flop! The cooking time had to be changed to 225 degrees for and hour and then I turned the oven off and left them in the oven for another hour. The end result was GREAT!!! I used measurable splenda in place of the sugar so I could have these on my WW diet. My calculations show that I can eat the whole batch for less than 2 points!