South Beach Diet Friendly Chocolate Meringue Cookies
These light airy little puffs of chocolate kept me from straying from Phase 1! Delicious!
- Ready In:
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular (I used a little less than 2/3)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 handful of crushed almonds (optional) or 1 pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Beat until the whites form soft peaks. Slowly add sugar substitute and cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form, and mixture becomes glossy.
- Optional - Fold in nuts.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls on to a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I tried a different recipe that used Swerve granular & Swerve confectioners sugar. Will they work with this recipe & what amounts would I use? I had trouble with the baking time on the other recipe & they came out hard. Are these supposed to be chewy in the middle or crispy all the way thru? I'd like to try this recipe.Reply
I made these tonight and only ate half the batch through sheer will power. It's like eating chocolate air. Very light, fluffy, just melts in your mouth. I used real egg whites, Splenda granular, and unsweetened cocoa powder (generic) and they turned out wonderfully. My only problem is going to be making a batch of these every two days!Reply
see 13 more