Weight Watchers Chocolate Meringue Cookies
I got this off of the Weight Watchers website and had to share. These airy cookies taste just like chocolate malt balls and at only 1 pt per 2 cookies and perfect way to satisfy your chocolate craving without blowing your points allowance. These do take awhile to bake so make sure you are planning on being home for the afternoon before you start. :)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar or 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Beat egg whites till frothy.
- Add vinegar and beat till soft peaks form.
- Increase the mixer to high and gradually add in the sugar until glossy peaks form.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add cocoa and mix by hand.
- Line two cookie sheets with foil and (lightly) spray with Pam.
- Drop mixture by tablespoon fulls about 1 in apart on pans.
- Should make 44 cookies.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for 3 hours.
- Let cool completely on cookie sheet for about 1 hours.
- Remove and store leftovers in an air proof container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I just made these for the second time-the first attempt was a flop! The cooking time had to be changed to 225 degrees for and hour and then I turned the oven off and left them in the oven for another hour. The end result was GREAT!!! I used measurable splenda in place of the sugar so I could have these on my WW diet. My calculations show that I can eat the whole batch for less than 2 points!Reply
The instructions are very clear and it is easy to make. The result however was not what we had expected. After three hours drying in the oven the cookies were brittle on the outside and rock-hard inside. I think it is better to bake the meringues (at 225F, 110C, for 45 minutes to one hour) than to let them dry at a lower temperature. Unfortunately we had to discard all the cookies. I am sorry for the low rating but I do thank you for posting.Reply