Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
Excellent, chewy cookies with coconut in them too! They remind me of macaroons a little. Only 1 pt each! I got this off of www.kitchenparade.com.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 banana, very ripe
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour, fluffed to aerate before measuring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick)
- 1 cup coconut, preferably unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt butter in a small dish in microwave, 10 seconds at a time.
- Transfer to mixing bown.
- With an electric mixer, thoroughly mix in sugars, banana, egg and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt.
- Mix in to the banana mixture.
- Mix in oatmeal and coconut.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes until set and golden.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from tray right away to a cooling rack.
These cookies are delicious! However, they are far more than 1-2 points per serving. I was very disappointed after eating 4 cookies, then inputting the recipe to recipe builder to find out they are 4+ points each!!!!!
I don't care about the points, these are delicious! My kids and I made them on Friday and served them on Saturday and everyone young and old enjoyed them. They smell like banana bread when you open the container so if you like banana bread you may love these! We made one pan crisp and one pan chewy and everyone preferred the chewy ones. We will be making these again, this is a new favorite recipe, thanks for sharing!
Thought these cookies would be a great add but they are NOT 1 POINT!! its a shame I just baked 60 of them at 3 points each