Recipe by SuperSpike
From Weight Watchers: Simply the Best, 250 Award Winning Recipes. Delicious as-is, or even better topped with a glaze and some jam. 3 points per serving.
Top Review by Pardeemom
Delicious! I halved the recipe to make an 8x8 cake. It is nicely spiced and tastes great. When I made it into 12 pieces they are 2 pts. each! I'll bet it's good with cool whip or ice cream! Thanks!
- 787.84 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 4 apples, cored and diced
- 354.88 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray a tube pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat the sugar and egg whites until soft peaks form.
- With the mixer at low speed, blend in the apples, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Scrape the batter into the pan and spread it smooth.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool an additional 20 minutes.