Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Weight Watchers: Simply the Best, 250 Award Winning Recipes. Delicious as-is, or even better topped with a glaze and some jam. 3 points per serving.
- 787.84 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 4 apples, cored and diced
- 354.88 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray a tube pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat the sugar and egg whites until soft peaks form.
- With the mixer at low speed, blend in the apples, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, stir until just combined (do not overmix).
- Scrape the batter into the pan and spread it smooth.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool an additional 20 minutes.
Delicious! I halved the recipe to make an 8x8 cake. It is nicely spiced and tastes great. When I made it into 12 pieces they are 2 pts. each! I'll bet it's good with cool whip or ice cream! Thanks!
This cake is yummy! I followed the directions pretty much--I did use the egg-beater egg whites (didn't have enough eggs and it was snowing), so didn't get the nice fluff. It didn't matter. The cake was not too heavy or dense. It was nice and moist. I added 1/2 tsp of ginger and substituted half of the sugar for slenda. My husband, who is always leary of "diet food" liked it. in fact, he was sneaking pieces when I wasn't looking.
this is fabulous! I can not believe this was only 3 points OMG! I subbed 1/2 the flour w/whole wheat so I wander if that helps with points? hmm? I also glazed w/ about 2tbs of vanilla frosting. DELICIOUS thank you.