Recipe by Cher Jewhurst
Great fast weeknight pasta dish that goes well for just family or for guests. I got this out of Chatelaine May 2005.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Weekday Creamy Seafood Pasta 5 stars. Made for PAC 2008- SUPERB and so simple. Loved this as a quick put together dinner. I loved the essence of the nutmeg blended into the alfredo sauce. I used store bought to save time and let me tell you, it was like homemade with the additions. I used imitation crabmeat and cocktail size shrimp as the seafood. We are big spinach eaters and the colors in the dish gave the dinner a nice fancy look with minimal effort. Will serve this to company any time! My recipe faves are extending exponentially. Another great dish by my PAC BABY.
- 2 cups pasta, uncooked, any short penne, rotini, fusilli etc
- 3⁄4 cup alfredo sauce
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat (I use the real thing)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed according to package.
- Pour alfredo sauce into a large saucepan set over medium heat. Meanwhile, slice crab into chunks. Stir in crab and nutmeg. If pasta is not ready yet, reduce heat to low and cover to keep warm.
- When pasta is cooked, drain well. Then add to sauce in pan. Stir in spinach. If sauce is too thick, stir in milk, 1/4 cup at a time. Stir until warmed through, 1 or 2 more minutes. Serve in big pasta bowls.