Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
We love garlic and butter so this is just a vehicle for eating lots of both but kidding ourselves that it's healthy because of the green. Sometimes we grate parmesan cheese over this too.
- 4 -5 medium young crisp zucchini, halved and julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 5 -6 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Over med/high, heat pan.
- add oil (this stops the butter burning).
- add butter.
- add garlic and keep stirring until cooked but not brown.
- add zucchini, stir and toss, coating all the zucchini, until done; we like it with lots of crunch.
- Season to taste and add parmesan, if using.
A very easy and delicious way to serve this prolific vegetable, we do love garlic and butter on just about anything! I made this as a small side dish since I didnt have much zucchini, it happily adapts itself to the quantities available. This would also be really nice tossed with pasta. Thank you omeomy, really enjoyed this! Made for Alphabet tag game.
This was a great way to use up zuchinni that I had bought too much of. I added some chili powder and some sliced onion. Delicious!
What a great side dish!!! I fixed half a recipe for DH and myself and what a mistake. I went to get some more and DH helped himself first taking it all! We loved the little crunch to the zuchinni and the parmesan cheese really makes the dish. Definately will make this again. Thank you. Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup game 2009-2010.