Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Watermelon adds a fresh and fruity flavor to classic Ceviche. The sweetness of the melon counters perfectly with the fresh scallops and the tangy lime and lemon juices. Please serve with Rice Crackers or Flatbreads....Found at National Watermelon Promotion Board - posted for Culinary Quest. Please note: cook time is refrigeration time .
- 1 cup pureed watermelon (blend watermelon, strain, reserve juice)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon premium vodka (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 1 lb sea scallops (fresh, sushi grade)
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the scallops in a glass serving bowl.
- Slice the scallops into 1/4-inch thick “coins” and drop into the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, then serve with rice crackers or crispy flat bread.