Scallop and Cara Cara Orange Ceviche
photo by Rick M.
- Ready In:
- 12 large sea scallops, in their shells cleaned and shucked, shells reserved
- 2 medium cara cara oranges, chilled
- 1⁄2 small shallot, cut into very thin slices
- 1 serrano pepper, halved lengthwise and cut into very thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice, chilled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- torn mint leaf, flakey sea salt and extra virgin olive oil (for serving)
- Scrub and thoroughly clean shells or wash in dishwasher; chill until ready to serve.
- Cut, peel and pith from oranges so that no white pith remains; cut between membranes to release segments. Squeeze juice from membranes into a medium bowl and add shallot, serrano, lime juice and salt, stir to combine.
- slice scallops crosswise into 1/4” pieces and toss in orange mixture. Divide ceviche into chilled shells over crushed ice. Top with mint leaves, flakey sea salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food editor, food stylist. I cook, I write and I eat. I have the best job ever. Surrounded by people who love food as much as i do, who are incredible cooks and teach me something every day. Not to mention the fact that I get to graze on amazing food and get paid for it, like that chocolate cherry shortcake I just ate for breakfast. Yeah, it doesn't suck.