Recipe by Melina Baker
from Pampered Chef Party
Top Review by AustinsAm
I reviewed this recipe too soon! I tasted it right after making it and didn't really like it. I took it to my family's get together and after sitting for awhile, this salsa was amazing! So I recommend you refrigerate it for at least 2 hours before serving. They couldn't believe it was watermelon and not tomatoes! I enjoyed making this too, though the instructions could be clearer.
- 1 lime
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 48 inches flour tortillas
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups watermelon, Cubed
- 2 small peaches
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- For chips:.
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- Juice the lime, combing cayenne pepper and salt.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with lime juice.
- Sprinkle lightly with cayenne mixture.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges using a pizza cutter. Arrange wedges in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned and crisp.
- For Salsa:.
- Cub jalapeno pepper in half lengthwise using a paring knift. Removed and discard seeds using a corer.
- Chop jalapeno and cilantro using a food chopper and place in a mixing bowl.
- Cut watermelon into thin slices using a chef's knife, then dice slices.
- Remove and discard pits from peaches and slice into thin wedges.
- Juice lime into batter bowl.
- Add watermelon, peaches and salt to lime juice and jalapeno peppers.
- Stir gently using small mix and scraper.
- Serve with chips.