Recipe by Oolala
From a cookbook called The Best of Friends that was a fundraiser for historic Waterloo Village in NJ, It is called "Diet Baked Chicken" but I have yet to see the nutrition facts! There are herbs, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 whole chicken, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Place in shallow pan or casserole, skin side down, and sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes in a 325 degree oven, turning once after 15 minutes.
- Baste occasionally.
- Turn chicken skin side up.
- Cover and bake another 30 minutes more or until tender.