Recipe by Kimke
Adapted from Bon Appetit. This is absolutely "to die for!" Looks fab, but is quick and easy to prepare. Very gourmet!
- 1 1⁄4 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine breadcrumbs, wasabi powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place beaten eggs in pie dish.
- Dip chicken in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture.
- Turn to coat completely.
- Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté 2 chicken breasts until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter.
- Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Add teriyaki sauce, sake, and chicken broth to skillet and bring to boil.
- Scrape up browned bits.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve.