Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Warp-Speed because you make it in the microwave - no all-day cooking for this spicy-sweet spread! My kids like to put it on their toast, and pretend they're having pumpkin pie for breakfast! It does taste like pumpkin pie filling, and makes a wonderful hostess gift. Make sure your recipient puts this right into the refrigerator! NOTE: Don't try to "home can" this. It's hard to get the dense-textured pumpkin hot enough in the center to assure it has processed properly, and from what I've seen, the USDA recommends against it. Just make a small batch up when you want to give someone a treat! Microwave times are approximate, as ovens vary.
- Combine everything except the canned pumpkin in a microwaveable one quart bowl.
- Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir.
- Mix in the pumpkin well, and microwave on high 5 minutes longer.
- It should be bubbly.
- Put into clean, sterilized jars for gift-giving, or into other clean, airtight containers for home use.
- Let cool slightly, then refrigerate.
- This will keep several weeks in refrigerator or can be frozen for longer storage.
- This cannot be kept in your pantry- must be refrigerated or frozen.
wow! just made this - only a third. i used 1/2 cup of pumpkin, 3 tablespoons of splenda, 2 tbs water, and 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. then i microwaved all of that for 2 minutes and its perfect! thanks!!!
This is my FAVORITE recipe for pumpkin butter. I started making this last year when I decided to cut back on my beloved (high fat and calorie) peanut butter. I spread this nice and THICK on a piece of toast and eat it for breakfast every morning, and I never get tired of it. I make mine slightly spicier than the recipe by rounding the little teaspoonsful instead of scraping them flat. Delicious stuff.
Made this as a gift and got lots of raves. Very fast and easy. I had some pumpkin pie spice open so I used 1 1/2 tsp of that plus the cloves.