Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a tasty side dish. The recipe is from Weight Watchers. It is 2 points per serving.
Make and share this Warm White Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced (or 1 t dried minced sage)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat the oil in medium nonstick skillet.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, sage, garlic, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in the beans.
This was even better than I expected- a truly delicious dish! I used regular tomatoes and, being out of green pepper, celery- and extra garlic!! The flavor is really nice, and though it didn't thicken up a whole lot, I wholeheartedly recommend having a slice of toast to sop up the juices. Yum! Thank you!