Recipe by Debber
This is JUST the drink for those winter-time holidays (Advent, caroling parties, Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day). Pleasantly flavored and easy to adjust to your special tastes!
Top Review by Annacia
Couldn't find the apple/raspberry (or cranberry) concentrate at the local market. Instead I mixed apple juice with some raspberry juice that I had in the freezer. I may have used too much raspberry juice as mine came out a lot darker than I expected but it sure tastes good! This would be very nice have in the crock pot for holiday visitors or to come home to after winter shopping or outdoor play. The cinnamon is a wonderful touch.
- 1 cup apple-raspberry juice concentrate, thawed (see note below)
- 10 cups fresh apple cider
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (white or brown)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything in a large pan or crock-pot.
- Heat to a simmer, then turn down and keep warm until closer to serving time.
- May be served hot, warm or even cooled completely with equally tasty results.
- NOTE: Instead of apple-raspberry, try apple-cranberry, with a pitcher of reconstituted apple juice (instead of the cider).