Recipe by Tiffany27
Recipe I developed to use up wilting kale and a cheese I found too strong for my salad. Really amazed at how good it turned out! I took it over a friend's and served it with rye bagel chips from the local Amish market and it was a huge hit! I did all my fine chopping in a mini food processor, makes this pretty fast to whip up.
- 2 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheese (I used a local cheese from Cherry Grove Farm in Lawrenceville, New Jersy called Somerset. Any strong)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook kale by boiling water in a medium sauce pan, then adding the kale and boiling for about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water and squeeze out excess.
- Chop kale very finely (I used a food processor for all fine chopping,) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and Greek yogurt. Warm the cream cheese if necessary to make it soft enough for mixing.
- Add onion, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and your melting cheese (not the parmesan!) to the cream mixture. and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in artichokes and kale.
- Spread dip into a greased (I sprayed with organic Pam) 9x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- You can store this wrapped in plastic overnight if needed, may even help blend the flavors.
- When ready to serve, bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with bagel chips, potato chips, crackers, pretzels or veggies.