Recipe I developed to use up wilting kale and a cheese I found too strong for my salad. Really amazed at how good it turned out! I took it over a friend's and served it with rye bagel chips from the local Amish market and it was a huge hit! I did all my fine chopping in a mini food processor, makes this pretty fast to whip up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup grated cheese (I used a local cheese from Cherry Grove Farm in Lawrenceville, New Jersy called Somerset. Any strong)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook kale by boiling water in a medium sauce pan, then adding the kale and boiling for about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water and squeeze out excess.
- 2Chop kale very finely (I used a food processor for all fine chopping,) and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and Greek yogurt. Warm the cream cheese if necessary to make it soft enough for mixing.
- 4Add onion, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and your melting cheese (not the parmesan!) to the cream mixture. and mix thoroughly.
- 5Mix in artichokes and kale.
- 6Spread dip into a greased (I sprayed with organic Pam) 9x9 baking dish.
- 7Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- 8You can store this wrapped in plastic overnight if needed, may even help blend the flavors.
- 9When ready to serve, bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 10Serve warm with bagel chips, potato chips, crackers, pretzels or veggies.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Kale and Artichoke Dip
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.5
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Sodium 833.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: