Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Interesting. No one would really think about eating a fennel salad now would they?
- 1 lemon
- 1 stalk fennel
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup red onion
- 12 radishes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Fennel: salt it first and let sit for roughly 30 min, then squeeze out water.
- Slice the red onions.
- Thinly slice the radish.
- Skillet: olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, red onion, garlic, fennel (order of putting things in skillet).
- Once all in, cover & simmer until fennel is tender -- 30-40 minute.
- Uncover and season and let simmer another 10 minute.
- Plate mixed greens & radishes and top them with warm fennel salad.
- ** Excellent with grilled salmon!