Recipe by Little Bee
I got this from the Keebler website. I think it sounds delicious served as an appetizer for Thanksgiving
Top Review by rosslare
This is absolutely the best way to have your brie, warmed up to a spooning stage in the oven! Easy done with ready made cranberry sauce, with little spice added. We had this to finish off a meal, does two courses in one, dessert and cheese. We especially loved it served with thin gingerbread cookies.
- 8 ounces round brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh peeled ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted salted pistachios or 2 tablespoons hazelnuts or 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With sharp knife, cut circle in top of rind of cheese, leaving 1/4-inch border around top of cheese.
- Carefully remove center circle and discard.
- (Do not cut side of rind.) Place cheese on pie plate or other small shallow ovenproof baking dish.
- In small saucepan, stir together cranberry sauce, sugar, ginger, orange zest, cornstarch and allspice.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread cranberry mixture on top of cheese.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is soft but not runny.
- (Do not overheat.) Sprinkle with nuts and chives.
- Serve with Toasteds® crackers.