1/1 Photo of Warm Chicken Salad
I've not tried this, but am saving it here for future reference. If you try it first, please do let me know what you think! (from Gillian McKeith's You Are What You Eat.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 75 g green beans, trimmed
- 75 g asparagus spears
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup baby salad leaves
- 1Place the chicken in small pan of cold water, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly. Alternatively steam in a steamer.
- 2Steam the green beans and asparagus spears until tender but still crisp; refresh in cold water.
- 3Mix the beans and asparagus with all the other salad ingredients in a bowl except for the baby salad leaves.
- 4Place the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar with 1 tablespoon of water and shake well.
- 5Slice the chicken while still warm and add to the salad. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat.
- 6Serve in a large salad bowl, garnished with the baby salad leaves.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 156.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
baby salad leaves