Recipe by Betty K. Rocker
I prefer a sweeter dressing with a creamier consistency, so I came up with this. I used Dijon mustard, rather than mustard powder.
- 8 slices thick sliced bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Stack cold bacon slices and cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Cook bacon in a small saucepan on medium heat until brown and crisp.
- Remove bacon bits to a piece of kitchen paper to drain, leaving drippings in the pan, reduce heat to medium/low.
- Add chopped onion and sauté in bacon drippings for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Turn off the heat, add remaining ingredients and wisk until the dressing becomes emulsified.