Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my Dad's recipes. It's great comfort food and very good with biscuits or corn muffins.
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 cups milk, depends on how thick you want it to be
- Cook bacon in skillet till crisp-add onions until limp-drain on paper towels.
- Put potatoes and celery in large stock pot and add enough water to just cover.
- Boil until not quite tender.
- Do not drain.
- Add bacon, onions and rest of ingredients and simmer for 1/2 hour--eat & enjoy.
When I made this soup for my very particular children, they all voted on the rating and I was surprised how high they rated it! This soup will be served frequently in my home!
Excellent recipe. I doubled it and added a 1/2 pound of bay scallops. Next time, and there will definately be a next time, i'm going to a milk/cream combination. Thanks for posting this recipe.
I agree with previous ratings. Added the chicken, used cream instead of milk. Served right away - a big hit. Served next day - even better! Very easy too.