Recipe by Chef Dudo
When I looked through some old recipes I found this. Had almost forgotten I had the recipe. Have made it many times in the past and tried it again when I found it. And yes, now I know why I liked it so much. The walnuts gives it that little extra. Hope you like it too.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces walnuts, ground
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour a 9 cup Bundt pan.
- Grind the walnuts in the food processor or in a blender, the 31/2 ounce should yiald about 1 cup ground walnuts.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- After sifting, mix in the ground walnuts and set aside.
- Cream together the sugar and margarine.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk until well blended.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before removing to wire rack.