1/6 Photos of Walla Walla Sweet Onion-Swiss Cheese Casserole
A nice side dish for roast beef or ham. Use Walla Walla Sweets or Vidalia's for this. Regular yellow onions aren't sweet enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cut the onions in half and then quarter the halves. Slice the quarters in food processor fitted with slicing disc.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet and saute onions over medium heat until tender.
- 4Place half the onion mixture into a 1 1/2-quart oven-proof casserole.
- 5Sprinkle 1 cup of Swiss cheese and 1/2 cup cracker crumbs over onions. Repeat layers of onions and cheese.
- 6Beat eggs with the half-and-half, salt and pepper. Pour evenly over layered contents of casserole.
- 7Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet and stir in remaining cracker crumbs. Lightly brown over medium heat. Sprinkle browned crumbs over casserole.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walla Walla Sweet Onion-Swiss Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.9
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 626.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.5 g