Oven-Baked Walla Walla Sweets (Onion)
When I lived in Washington, we had these regularly when the Walla Walla "sweets" came in. They are deliciious and it's so simple! Makes a great appetizer or side dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 3mins
- 1 walla walla onion (or sweet onion)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 beef bouillon cube (I prefer Trader Joe's)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel outer dry skin from onion and wash.
- Cut hole in top of onion large enough to put boullion cube and butter.
- Fill with cube with butter then boullion cube or crystals.
- Place onion on aluminum foil and wrap around onion with slight "vent" in top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a grillers delight. I made these all last year when we grill out, and that's a lot. When I don't have a walla walla or another sweet onion I use the biggest yellow onions I have and the results are almost the same...DELICIOUS. Just toss them on the grill and when they are soft, they're done. (Can't wait for grilling weather again.) This recipe is a must for onion lovers. Great recipe. Thanks for posting it. ChuckReply
see 6 more