Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted From Rocky Mountain News Wednesday Spotlight
- 12 frozen toaster waffles or 12 homemade waffles
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 drop lemon extract
- 16 ounces pure maple syrup
- 3 cups blueberries or 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 8 graham crackers, crushed
- make a simple syrup by bringing water and granulated sugar to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve.
- remove from heat.
- measure 1/2 cup syrup and pour into a mixing bowl.
- to the hot syrup add the cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon extract.
- mix with a electric mixer until smooth and set aside.
- prepare waffles and keep them warm.
- heat about 1 1/2 to 2 cups pure maple syrup do not boil and remove from heat.
- for each serving place one waffle on a plate spoon on cream cheese misture and top with a layer of fresh berries.
- place another waffle on top pour hot maple syrup over it.
- top with more berries and a tablespoon of graham crakers crumbs.
- serve right away.