1/11 Photos of V's Grilled Jerk Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Mango-Kiwi Salsa
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
This recipe is one of the best grilled jerk tenderloin recipes served with its own Pineapple Mango-Kiwi Salsa. The flavors of the two balance the heat of the spicy seasoning and the sweet of the Pineapple Salsa. Recipe courtesy of the Queen Bs ZWT3 (Won 1st place in a Jerk Contest) :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallion (4 to 6 scallions)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh thyme leave, and tender stems chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 -3 scotch bonnet peppers or 1 -3 habanero pepper, seeded and minced, depending on taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pineapple Mango-Kiwi Salsa
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 fresh mango, chopped
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- 1/3 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped fine (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rum (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos (or to taste) or 1 tablespoon poblano pepper, chopped fine (or to taste)
- 2Combine the Jerk Spice ingredients in a small bowl and mix to form a coarse paste. Or blend in food processor.
- 3Coat pork tenderloin and Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight. The longer it marinates, the more flavor the pork absorbs.
- 4Pineapple Mango-Kiwi Salsa.
- 5Put all in a bowl, mix it up, and let it sit for a little bit to allow the flavors to mingle.
- 6Grill tenderloin, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10 minutes each side.
- 7Juices should run clear or temperature 160 degrees.
- 8Let roast sit about 10 minutes to let juices settle.
- 9Slice and serve with Pineapple Salsa.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V's Grilled Jerk Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Mango-Kiwi Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.8 mg
- Sodium 509.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.4 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 51.9 g