Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a new invention at our restaurant; it's already receiving rave reviews. :0) Much thx to our chief Eric. ps. you can cook the sauce before hand and add the squid ink to the sauce when you are cooking the pasta.
- 1 lb extremely fresh squid
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 bunch parsley, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- hot water
- salt and pepper
- Note: to use the squid ink, the calamari has to be extremely fresh!
- (so not frozen).
- separate tentacls and the body of the calamri, then gut them, setting aside the ink sak.
- wash calamari under cold water, dice the body into rings, and chop the tentacles.
- Heat garlic in oil without browning.
- add parsley, ground pepper.
- cover and let it simmer for 45min.
- check from time to time; if it's sticking, add some hot water.
- Once it has simmered, mix the tomato sauce with the white wine and add it to the pot.
- Simmer for 20 minutes more, uncovered, then dilute the sauce with a little hot water and simmer for a half hour more, covered (sauce's consistency can be adjusted to your liking).
- 30 minutes before meal, cook pasta al dante.
- now you can add the ink to the sauce, as much as you like.
- serve sauce over pasta with the rest of the white wine.
well done i just made it the othor day.realy good.