Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Snag Wire Media. The recipe time doesn't include chilling time.
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups fresh lemon juice, about 24 lemons
- 2 cups vodka
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups water with the sugar and thyme; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature.
- Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a large glass measuring cup; discard thyme. You should have 2 cups syrup. Cover with plastic; chill.
- In a large serving pitcher, stir together lemon juice, vodka, and chilled syrup; garnish with thyme. Divide evenly among eight tumblers filled with ice; serve immediately.
We really enjoyed this cocktail. I used meyer lemons from my tree and lemon thyme from my herb garden. I used less less of the simple syrup because the lemons meyer lemons are sweeter. The thyme was very subtle. Great balance of flavors.
Thanks for sharing another winner Amanda. This is a great taste treat. I used lime thyme and citrus vodka. A nice subtle herb flavor with hard lemonade. I loved it. Perfect as written.