Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Snag Wire Media. The recipe time doesn't include chilling time.
Top Review by susie cooks
We really enjoyed this cocktail. I used meyer lemons from my tree and lemon thyme from my herb garden. I used less less of the simple syrup because the lemons meyer lemons are sweeter. The thyme was very subtle. Great balance of flavors.
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups fresh lemon juice, about 24 lemons
- 2 cups vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups water with the sugar and thyme; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature.
- Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a large glass measuring cup; discard thyme. You should have 2 cups syrup. Cover with plastic; chill.
- In a large serving pitcher, stir together lemon juice, vodka, and chilled syrup; garnish with thyme. Divide evenly among eight tumblers filled with ice; serve immediately.