Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
This comes from the June 2001 Gourmet. Sinful and delicious!
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Cut a small x in skin of blossom end of each tomato. Blanch tomatoes in a saucepan of boiling water 3 seconda and immediately transfer with slotted spoon to bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain and peel, transferring to large, shallow dish.
- Stir together vodka, vinegar, sugar, and zest until sugar is dissolved, then pour over tomatoes, gently tossing to coat.
- Marinate, covered and chilled, 30 minutes to 1 hour.