1/2 Photos of Vodka Lemon Chicken
A great dish. Very flavorful! The sauce can be drizzled over pasta for a wonderful side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons vodka
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- black pepper
- 1Char the lemon slices on both sides in a pan over a high heat and set aside.
- 2Return the pan to a moderate heat and add the oil.
- 3Whisk the eggs and milk in a small shallow bowl. Tip the flour into another shallow bowl.
- 4Dredge a chicken breast in the flour, and then in the egg mixture. Place immediately in the pan. Repeat with the remaining breasts and saute the chicken until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- 5Deglaze the pan with the vodka and loosen the flavor bits at the bottom of the pan by scraping with a wooden spoon.
- 6Add the butter, lemon juice, parsley, basil, capers, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the mixture reduces by about a quarter. Return the chicken and grilled lemon slices to the pan and toss.
- 7Serve the chicken breasts topped with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vodka Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.7
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 213.4 mg
- Sodium 374.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 33.0 g