Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great dish. Very flavorful! The sauce can be drizzled over pasta for a wonderful side dish.
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 tablespoons vodka
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- black pepper
- Char the lemon slices on both sides in a pan over a high heat and set aside.
- Return the pan to a moderate heat and add the oil.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a small shallow bowl. Tip the flour into another shallow bowl.
- Dredge a chicken breast in the flour, and then in the egg mixture. Place immediately in the pan. Repeat with the remaining breasts and saute the chicken until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the vodka and loosen the flavor bits at the bottom of the pan by scraping with a wooden spoon.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, parsley, basil, capers, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the mixture reduces by about a quarter. Return the chicken and grilled lemon slices to the pan and toss.
- Serve the chicken breasts topped with the sauce.
This was very good! I followed the recipe exactly, but I did use a lemon Vodka, also.
It was not to tart and the flavor burst in your mouth on first bite!
Even my grandson loved it and you know how kids can be with anything new!
A few tips for those of you who are learning to cook from a seasoned chef who made several mistakes on this recipe: 1. turn the pan to medium heat. not hotter. you'll burn the coating. 2. it's tart! do not use more than the suggested amount of lemon 3. add some red pepper flakes for some kick
This was such a wonderful recipe! I was out of lemons and had to use preserved lemons for the first part and bottled fresh lemon juice for the juice. This was just so good. The flavors really blended well and I loved the flavor of the vodka sauce. I used Kettle One Vodka. Thanks alia!!!