Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sick of Serving Sour Spaghetti Sauce? If so here is a sauce that is mild yet tasty. If I hadn't eaten this sauce before requesting the recipe, I doubt I would have tried it since the ingredients seem unlikely. This is an accomodating sauce; add your favorite sauteed veggies or use Italian sausage and they will work well since the base is so nice. Add more or less tomato juice to obtain desired consistency. If putting this into a crockpot, add more juice for cooking down. I serve this with angelhair pasta and shredded mozarella cheese as my friend, Virginia, did when we first ate this. This recipe makes "comfort food" out of spaghetti sauce!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 -3 cups tomato juice, for thickening
- In large skillet, brown the beef and onions over low heat. Drain.
- Stir in salt & pepper.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over low heat 15 minutes.
- May serve over cooked angelhair or other pasta (1# package is perfect).