Recipe by 30A EATS
I created this recipe using whole grain pastry flour from Bobs Red Mill and Olive Oil from California Olive Ranch for a promo I was doing for them on my website 30A EATS. It was a big hit! Any Bacon or Maple Syrup will do, and if you want to leave out the Bacon you can. I love the sweet and salty flavor it gave to the brownies.
- 113.39 g bittersweet chocolate pieces
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml maple syrup
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 118.29 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 78.07 ml cooked bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F Line an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Whisk in the COR olive oil and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl using high speed of an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Beat in the syrup and salt, then fold in the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in the BRM flour, then gently stir in the bacon. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Mine became aromatic at 20 minutes and at 25 minutes, they had a shiny, dry, slightly crackly top. Let cool completely. Cut into squares.