Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great condiment to keep in your refrigerator for whenever you get the urge for Indian food. Will keep indefinitely if put up properly. Great for pork or chicken. Use 1 tablespoon for each 1 1/2 pounds of meat.
- 2 tablespoons cayenne powder
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder (hot)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Combine all except the oil in a bowl and stir to form a paste.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over med-high, add the paste, and reduce to low.
- Stir vigorously for 8 minutes, scraping the bottom to ensure spices do not burn.
- Allow to cool and spoon into sterile jar and cap tightly.