Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cooking Light. August 2008
- 1 cup thinly sliced bibb lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bean threads (cellophane noodles, about 1 ounce uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (about 2)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- 6 ounces cooked peeled and deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 8 (8 inch) round sheets rice paper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- To prepare the rolls, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Add hot water to a large, shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 rice paper sheet in dish; let stand 30 seconds or just until soft. Place sheet on a flat surface.
- Arrange 1/3 cup shrimp mixture over half of sheet, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Folding sides of sheet over filling and starting with filled side, roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Gently press seam to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on a serving platter (cover to keep from drying). Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp mixture and rice paper sheets.
- To prepare dipping sauce, combine sugar and remaining ingredients; stir with a whisk. Serve with summer rolls.