Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef flank steak
- 2 lemons, grated peel and juice of
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- star fruit slices
- red bell pepper, strips
- orange strip
- Cut beef across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine lemon peel, juice, 2 tablespoons sugar, sesame oil, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper in medium bowl.
- Add beef; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Combine water, vinegar, remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Boil 5 minutes without stirring until syrupy.
- Stir in crushed red pepper; set aside.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread beef onto metal or wooden skewers (Soak wooden skewers in hot water 30 minutes to prevent burning).
- Grill beef over medium-hot briquets about 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Grill tortillas until hot.
- Place lettuce, beef, mint and cilantro on tortillas; drizzle with vinegar mixture.
- Roll tortillas to enclose filling.
- Garnish with star fruit, bell pepper and orange peel strips.
Excellent. It was a huge hit at the cottage and easy to pre-marinate the meat at home and bring in a baggie, all ready to throw on the BBQ. Stephanie
This recipe was great !!! I didn't follow it exactly because I didn't have all the ingredients. I used ground beef and left out the mint leaves and cilantro. I also didn't use the tortilla wrap but served the meat with rice vermicelli. I garnished it with some crushed peanuts as well. My husband absolutely loved it!!! So did I :)
This was SO good!!! the only change I made was I left out the mint because I don't like it, but other than that I love this recipe. Thanks!