Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This uses rotisserie chicken, liverworst, cilantro and other ingredients you can get from the supermarket. Gourmet Feb. 2008.
- 1⁄2 lb daikon radish, peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (24 inch) soft baguette
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 lb liverwurst
- 2 fresh jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 3⁄4 cup packed fresh cilantro stem
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, from a rotisserie chicken, thinly sliced
- lettuce leaf
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- PreparationPreheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Shred daikon and carrot in a food processor fitted with medium shredding disk. Stir together vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and toss with shredded vegetables. Let slaw stand, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat baguette on rack in oven until crusty, about 5 minutes. Cut off and discard round ends, then split baguette.
- Mix together oil, fish sauce, and soy sauce and brush on cut sides of bread. Spread liverwurst on bottom layer of bread and top with chiles, onion, and cilantro.
- Drain slaw in a colander.
- Arrange chicken, slaw, and lettuce on cilantro. Spread top layer of bread with mayonnaise and cut sandwich crosswise into fourths.